Monday 14 September 2015

Web Designer and Client

How a Website Designers goes Straight to Hell


Everything is Cool in the Beginning

the client communicates their need. You set expectations.
Enthusiasm and excitement all 'round.

CLIENT: the new site will be GREAT!

THE DESIGNERS: Great? It'll be INCREDIBLE!
It'll soar like an eagle in outer space!

Website Design company Pitampura




The Client shows you their current website.

You both laugh at how terrible it is.

CLIENT: HAHA what a Piece of CRAP!
Our last designer was and IDIOT

THE DESIGNERS: For real! How did this happen?!
This site is a crime against humanity

SEO Services Delhi




You Re-Design the Website.

It looks nice and works well. This is the high point of the design.

CLIENT: I love it! Looks Amazing! i want to make love to it

THE DESIGNER: Happy! TA-DA!

CLIENT: But... 


Web design Services in Delhi



Just a few Minor Changes

CLIENT: So this design is perfect, but I'm the CEO so i feel obligated to make changes to feel like I've done my job properly.
Also, I'll use phrases like "user experience" and "conversion oriented" to sound smart even though I barely know how to use a computer.
Could you make the design "pop" a bit more? It needs to be more "edgy".
It doesn't quite feel right.

DESIGNER NOTE: Client have actually Said all these things to me. To this day i still don't know what "pop" or "edgy" mean in regards to we design. I also don't know how to design websites based on some else's feelings.

Web Designing Services


Minor changes start to add up

Soon they become not-so-minor

So I thought about it, and we definitely want to switch the font back to Comic Sans. Also, can you make a lense flare? Those are very web 2.0
One Other thing: the site definitely needs to be less "liney." When I look at it, all I see is lines. can you do that ?

DESIGNER NOTE: A client actually said this to me. The design had no horizontal rules or lines of any kind, they were referring to the rectangular shape created by things such as
ortags.



SEO Services




The client gets others involved

"Looks great, but I want to get feedback from my friend, co-workers, uncle, pet hamster, etc"

CLIENT: I've looped my mother into this conversation. She designed a bake sale flyer back in 1982, so you could say she has an "eye" for design.

MOTHER: The design you put together needs some brighter colors, It's too Gloomy. Perhaps a little pink? Throw in a kitten, too.
EVERYONE LOVES KITTENS!


DESIGNER NOTE: I actually has a client include their mother in the design process so she could provide feedback and criticism.



SEO Services India




ALL HOPE IS LOST

You Begin to fantasize about other careers, like someone who digs ditches for a living or gives sponge baths to the elderly.

CLIENT: Ok so my dog, MIFFLES, is a big deal. He's bascially the most important part of my life. I want you to add "stream of consciousness" copy to the web pages, where it's like Miffles is talking to the user. I'll send you a few pages of narration of what Miffles is probably thinking about, such a "I love tasty treats!" and "Hello! Welcome to my website! I an a god and you should shake my paw! LOL"

DESIGNER NOTE: I didn't make ths up - a client actually made this request. I've never come closer to braining someone with a care battery as I did that day.

Web Design



YOU ARE NO LONGER A WEB DESIGNER

You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program which the client can control by speaking, emailing, and instant messaging.

CLIENT: Hurr Hurrr i can make Webpages too!durrrr hurrr derp derp!


DESIGNER NOTE: I once had a client take my design and start revising it themselves in photoshop. They would then send me updated versions of how they felt it should look.
After the 13th revision I fired the client.

Website Design Company


AN ABOMINATION IS BORN


The client has completely forgotten that they hired you, the web designer, to build them a great product. If you were an engineer designing the turbine of a commercial airplane, would they interfere then, I wonder?

CLIENT: Now there is a design that POPS!
DESIGNER: Please, no More.

Web Developers in India

28 comments:

  1. This is a great read! For me, a web design is one of the most important part of a website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Website design is a vital and most important part of web development. Intellectual design can be really helpful in attracting visitors to your website.
    Web Design Indore

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this. http://www.mentorshouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and informative blog post
    http://mentorshouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Nice post ! Very useful information is providing by your blog.Website Designing Company Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is really very great and matchless. You blog is appreciable. I am searching about Best Software Development Service Provider.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great read! This is the actual situations for both the developers and designers. The minor changes never ends!
    web design company

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is saying truth of the web design companies.Nice Blog. Web Services

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot about such excellent useful information about website designing company in delhi. This article is really very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appreciation for really being thoughtful and also for deciding on certain marvelous guides most people really want to be aware of. Thanks
    Web development & Design company in Indore

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read lot of articles and really like this article. This information is definitely useful for everyone in daily life. Fantastic job.
    SEO Experts in Bangalore
    Seo services in bangalore
    affordable seo packages in india

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really an interesting and amazing post. Thanks for sharing this wonderful informative article here. I appreciate your hard work.Website Design Company Bangalore | Web Designing Company Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the useful information. Your post is very beneficial for us and those who are searching Website Designing Company in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Remarkable experience earned after reading all the points of this website. I tried hard to get clue about how I could prove content of its blogs not much effective but I surrendered all my weapons just after reading it.
    Forex ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    QNAP TS X31X Series

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Blog is so informative it helps me a lot to increase my knowledge. Best Digital Marketing services company in Delhi NCR

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very ecstatic when I am reading this blog post because it is written in good manner and the writing topic for the blog is excellent. Thanks for sharing valuable information.
    recipe meal kit app development

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This Article is really Helpful for Digital Marketer. You give a lots of information About SEO. We are SEO Agency in Faridabad, Gurgaon and we are Providing Digital Marketing Services . Get some more information about our Internet Marketing Services. Contact us

    Email - info@digiorm.com

    Phone - 9212223146

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for sharing amazing information in your blog. Keep updating your blog, it is helping many users like us.

    Regards,
    Website designer in India

    ReplyDelete